OCJ is seeking an experienced communications consultant passionate about our work to help us stay in touch with our constituents and lay the groundwork for our future communications efforts.
- 40 – 50 Hours / Month (more as available and needed), flexible hours
- 1099 Contractor preferred (part-time, limited term employment is possible)
- Engagement date: immediate through 12/31/2021 with possibility to extend
- Remote position
Key Duties / Responsibilities
In priority order:
- Work with staff to develop, implement and project manage communications plans and calendars. Communications strategy planning and development will occur in the future and is NOT in the scope of this engagement.
- Publish website updates: Updates, news, announcements, stories (blog)
- Develop e-Newsletter templates consistent with brand guidelines
- Launch e-newsletter: infrequent at first with the goal towards a regular schedule in the future.
- Develop and implement audience building campaigns
- Write and issue announcements and press releases
- Audience Building – Grow mailing lists and develop a database for:
- Community and coalition partners
- Consumer protection professionals and advocates
- Assist with constituent communications as needed
- Social media – establish presence, post occasional announcements, and implement audience building plans.
- Assist with publicizing OCJ’s grant making opportunities
- Liaise with communications landscape assessment work
This position will report to the Interim Executive Director and will collaborate closely with other staff members and/or contractors.
Skills and Experiences
- Strong communications planning, written communications, and audience building skills.
- Experience writing about economic justice and equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Basic graphic design and layout concepts
- Microsoft Office and Google Suites
- Familiarity and experience writing about consumer protection
- Photo and video editing
- CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Social Media (in priority order): Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook
OCJ invites individual consultants and communications firms to submit a proposal. Written proposals are preferred (not to exceed 3 pages), but other media can be submitted (not to exceed 5 minutes). Please include in your proposal:
- A description of your interest and experience as they relate to this role and OCJ’s mission.
- A statement about what draws you to OCJ’s mission and the work that we do.
- Your availability – how you expect to engage with us and schedule your time.
- Your rate or fee structure
- *A copy of your resume or the resume(s) of the key individual(s) that will be working with us.
- *One writing sample from each member of your team that will be working with us. (Additional samples will be requested at a future time from select candidates.)
- *Examples or descriptions of similar work that you have performed for similar employers or clients. (References will be requested at a future time from select candidates.)
* Not included in page limit
Please submit proposals to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications Consultant – [YOUR NAME or FIRM]”. Please limit attachments to no more than 2 Mbytes.
We will start reviewing proposals on August 16. This position will remain open until filled.
Questions: Please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless the subject is of a private or personal nature, all questions and responses will be published on our website.